Article Writing Tips for Success
Enjoy Success and Profits With These Article Writing Tips.
By Diane Thomas
These article writing tips are offered to help you gain the most that you can out of your article writing. I know that you’re not writing articles just for fun. Even if you enjoy writing, that’s not what this is all about...
We write articles because we want people to read our articles and come to our site. We also want to build backlinks to our site and we want our readers to take action when they reach our site. By that, I mean we want them to download our free report, opt-in to our newsletter and buy our products.
Without further adieu:
1. Submit original content. Today, search engines do not take kindly to duplicate content and will penalize you if you use it. But more important than that, you want your readers to know that you’re the "real thing" and you want them to know that what you’re saying is true and right - and that’s what will bring them back for more...
2. Use good grammar, spelling, sentence structure and punctuation. This is a given. No one wants to read poorly written material. Use your spell check and grammar check, and if you have questions visit a grammar site and get some good advice.
3. Do your homework. Research your topic to learn the important problems and issues that you might write about. With good in-depth research of a topic you’ll be able to uncover situations that the audience may want or need to have addressed.
4. Choose a great title, preferably with a long-tail keyword (3-words). Your title is the first thing that a reader will see, so it must induce them to read your article. Place your most important keywords within the first 3-4 words of your title, like 'Article Writing Tips' for Success.
5. Write keyword rich articles. One of the important parts of article writing is to have your article placed high in the search engines so that readers will find it. Keyword density should be 2-3%, with keywords specifically in the first and last paragraph and then spread throughout.
6. Do not write a sales pitch. Write interesting, information rich articles that offer solutions to problems. Articles that include tips, strategies, how-to’s, case-studies, reviews, opinions and commentaries are always well-received.
7. Create a great resource box. Offer free information with a link to your site. Your Resource Box (or Bio Box), is the place where you can put self-serving links and a sales pitch. It should be about 3-6 lines long and written in the thirdperson. Generally you should include no more than two outbound links from your Bio.
8. Your favorite word should be "you". You’ll find that your articles get downloaded more if you limit the use of the words "I" and "me". Readers are more interested in "What’s in it for me?" Make it all about them - what they will learn,how they will benefit, and so on.
Here’s an article writing tip from Marketer, Jimmy D. Brown. Make your content "useful but incomplete". In other words you want to draw your readers to your site and to your products to learn more. Always write an interesting and informational article, but leave them wanting more.
About the Author
Diane Thomas has been successfully helping people write, publish, market and earn their way online for the past 10 years. For more information on article writing tips, visit her at eBook Crossroads.com.
You may reprint or distribute this article as long as you leave the content, the links and the resource box intact.
Back To Article Directory